Contrary to Hon.Babatunde Ipaye, the immediate past Commissioner for Health in Ogun State claims that some projects were executed and commissioned during the tenure of former governor Ibikunle Amosu and further rubbished the predeccessor, Otunba Gbenga Danied (OGD),of abandoning Olabisi Onabanji University Teaching Hospital (OOUTH) popular Ogun State born blogger, Ajibola Osunjimi popularly known as World Famous has come out to counter those claims by Ipaye and sets the record straight.
However, In a press release issued by the former commissioner, Ipaye laid claims to some health related projects which he said were executed by Amosu and the ones he alleged OGD abandoned.
My name is Babatunde Ipaye, the immediate past Commissioner for Health.
I have chosen to take a deserved rest and keep mute while this government lasts. I have to now break my deliberate silence on the exuberance of the present govt on OOUTH and the politics of the 250 beds hospital.
I agree we did not do enough for OOUTH and I am not particularly proud of that. BUT you may wish to note the following lies of Mr. Governor.
1. The University and Teaching hospital conducted two sets of call-to-medical profession in 2019 for graduating doctors. So which accreditation(s) was/were lost? What he said on TV was a BIG lie.
2. The Maternity ward whose wall was shown had been evacuated months before he visited. A newly renovated that maternity ward allows good clinical flow had replaced the old maternity ward. His cameras did not see the new maternity ward and the newly renovated children ward beside it.
3. We built a model PHC centre for Child Survival, Immunization and other key PHC activities, his cameras never saw that.
4. We converted the abandoned food services building to a 36 bed Male Surgical Ward, his camera never saw that.
5. We remodelled the Children Emenrgency Unit, his cameras didn’t see that.
6. We inherited an abandoned dilapidating O&G building, reconstructed it into the Male Medical and Infectious Control Unit and got post-graduate accreditation for Medicine Dept, your governor did not see it.
7. We facilitated a diagnostic centre based on PPP and a cancer screening centre, they were so invincible to the team that visited.
8. We commissioned a 33KVA power supply that provides at least 18hours of electricity to the hospital after 30 years of 11KVA supply and that amounts to nothing to Mr. Governor
9. We revised the business process and reduced Pharmaceutical out-of-stock from as high as 70% in previous regimes to less than 5% before we left, that is not service improvement.
10. I have a video to share, but will not share same to avoid a witch hunt of workers of OOUTH on their comments when I was being sent off as the first HCH to be so honoured.
You guys may wish to visit OOUTH to confirm confirm or refute the above and decide if you will continue to spread the lies.
Honesty and Integrity are siamese twin.
Ajibola Osunjimi’s response
“Let Me Help Doctor Ipaye to Set The Record Straight”
This your government
has never inherited any good thing as claimed most of the time, let me put it to you that the following projects were carried out at OOUTH during Otunba Gbenga Daniel’s administration and there is no way your govt could have inherited a dilapidated structure.
1. Construction and Equipping of an Accident, and Emergency Complex with modern facilities for the resuscitation and treatment of trauma patients.
2. Construction of ultra-modern morbid anatomy and histopathology complex.
3. Modernization / beautification of the Hospital Complex.
4. The provision of hospital equipment, including two dialyses machines, incubator, patient monitors, electrophoresis machines, vehicles, and other life saving medical equipment.
5. Construction and equipping of ultra-modern diagnostic centre with CT scanner, mammogram, fluoroscopy and static and mobile ray;
6. Renovation of Gynaecological wards and flats of resident doctors, and construction of 14 studio apartments for doctors.
7.Till the expiration of OGD’s tenure, the first class Trauma and Diagnostic centre in which the administration partnered with the private sector to reduce dependence on Government and for sustainability of the project was in progress….why did SIA’s govt discontinued that project?
8.Construction of private wards.
9. Employment of fellows at OOUTH, which was increased from nine (9) in 2003 to thirty-two (32) in 2011(an increase of over 200 percent.
Ajibola Osunnjimi (World Famous)