It was indeed a black Wednesday for residents of Olowora Street, Mafoluku as they woke up to see this family of six, (father, mother and 4 children) vomiting blood in their apartment.
The father and the two children were found dead while the mother and a girl child were rushed to the hospital for rescue.
It was gathered that the food they consumed was poisonous.
A source said that the family of six which include a set of twins with a girl who came as a visitor died under mysterious circumstances which police from Makinde police station are currently investigating.
Through the residents said the death might be caused by poisonous food, investigation has not confirmed that.
The Vice-Chairman of Oshodi-Isolo Local Government, Hon. Daisi Ojo who was at the scene of the incident implored the general public to maintain peace and follow instructions as directed by men of Lagos State Emergency Agency.
He also visited the survivor (a twin girl) at the hospital to ensure adequate medical attention is administered on her.
The head of the deceased family, popularly called “cool money” was a contract staff of Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC).
He was described by his co-tenants as a gentleman to the core as people were surprised about the tragic event.
Mr. Bosun Olukolade, the Operational Head of LASEMA who supervised the evacuation of the dead bodies advised tenants of the house to restrain their movement into the deceased apartment as fumigation exercise would be carried out shortly to prevent outbreak of diseases in that environment.
“There will be fumigation of the apartment of the deceased any moment from now. We, therefore, implore other residents to stay away from the apartment for now.”