September 21, 2021

2023: Osinbajo disowns the campaign for presidency

2 min read

-VP Yemi Osinbajo

-VP Yemi Osinbajo

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has reacted to the flurry of campaign activities signposting his interest in the 2023 election.

In a statement signed by his spokesman, Laolu Akande, Osinbajo disowned the campaigns.

“The Office of the Vice President wishes to reiterate a statement on the same subject, made earlier in May this year”, Akande said.

In recent days, Osinbajo campaign style promotional videos, banners have emerged in the social Media.

Posters have also emerged in some parts of the country, including the FCT and Kano, suggesting that the Vice President has joined the 2023 Presidential Race.

“The Office of the Vice President is not in any way connected with the distribution and deployment of any 2023 political posters whether on the streets or in online videos, banners and the like on the Social Media”, Akande said.

“All these are simply needless distractions from the urgent tasks of governance needed in our country at this time.

“Prof. Osinbajo has not declared any interest whatsoever in the 2023 election.

“He is rather focused on working in his capacity as Vice President in the current administration to address all the compelling issues in the country and concerns of Nigerians, including finding effective and lasting solutions to the security challenges and working to further boost the economy.

“Therefore, we ask that people desist from such publications while we all deal together with the challenges confronting us as Nigerians, and resolve them for the benefit of our people, and the enthronement of peace and prosperity in the land.”

See also  Voting Ends As Collation Underway In Bayelsa Governorship Poll

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *