Depressed And Frustrated, OAU Graduate At The Verge Of Committing Suicide Over Joblessness
-Olawumi Johnson Daramola
But for the intervention of his kinsmen who came to his rescue following the suicide threat he posted , Johnson Daramola would have been dead by now.
An indigene of Ifaki, a town in Ekiti State, this victim of Nigeria’s unfriendly economy had his first and second degree in Urban and Regional Planning from Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU).
Olawumi, who will be 42 years old in few days time couldn’t stomach his problems any longer and this however prompted the Facebook post where he resorted into taking his own life as the solution to his present predicament.
In an interview view he granted his kinsmen which was conducted in Yoruba language, Olawumi lamented how he had struggled to secure a good job to no avail.
“No family member wants to help, I tried all I could after my first and second degrees at least to fix myself but all efforts proved abortive. Even whenever the issue of marriage came up, I’m always not happy to discuss it because if I should marry any lady now, she’ll be starved of hunger.”
An appeal calls have been made to the Executive Governor of Ekiti State, HE Kayode Fayemi and other notable Ekiti indigenes and Nigeria in general to please look into the frustrated man’s case and offer any available help to keep him moving..
Below is his CV:
Olawumi Johnson DARAMOLA
Getting job done in your organisation, with my efforts and skills to effectuate quality standard requirements of the client(s).
To carryout the responsibilities required from me effectively, applying all necessary problem solving skills to achieve the objectives of my employer, exhibiting diligent, honesty, commitment to services.
* Project Management with minimum or no supervision
* Competent in research data entry, research data analysis, and research reconnaissance survey.
* Strong organizational skills, flexibility, analytical and possessing an altitude with positive thinking.
* Ability to work as a team with people from different backgrounds efficiently and manage resources.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, good supervisory, and strong passion for good results
* Effective communication skill and ability to cope under pressure.
* Problem-solving ability, confidence, self motivated and time management
* Effective use of Computer Software Applications (such as AutoCad, ArcGIS, Microsoft Office Softwares, SPSS, Google Earth, Graph-Pad Prism).* Computer Systems and Internet: Computer hardwares and softwares, including Installation, Configuration,
Management, Troubleshooting and Repairs.
WORK EXPERIENCE WITH DATES
* Joolad Bright & Associates, Lekki, Lagos State. Construction Site Supervisor 2011 – 2012
(Architectural Designs, Housing Projects, & Project Management)
* God’s Heritage International School, Lekki, Lagos State. 2012
Tutoring (Geography, Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) in Senior Secondary School 1, 2 & 3
Class Master (SS 3A) 2011/2012 Academic Session
* Quartrain International Limited, Lagos. Construction Site Supervisor 2013 2014
(New Towns Dev. Authority (NTDA), Lagos State Govt. Housing Project)
* Research Assistant to a Lecturer in O.A.U. Ife. Research Assistant 2015 2016
* Johnson International Unlimited Senior Consultant / Project Coordinator 2017 – 2021
(Housing Projects, Project Management, Educational Research & Publications)
About the job as a project coordinator:
* Initiating the project by documenting project risks, assumptions and constraints; Identifying and perform
stakeholder analysis; Develop project charter and obtain project charter approval.
* Planning the project through identifying project team and define roles and responsibilities; Creates the work
breakdown structure; Develop a change management plan; Identify risks and define risk strategies; Obtain plan
approval and conduct the kick-off meeting.
* Execute tasks defined in project plan; Ensure common understanding and set expectations; Implement the
procurement of project resources; Manage resources allocation; Implement quality management plan;
Implement approved changes; Implement approved actions and work arounds to improve team performance.
* Monitoring and controlling the project to measure project performance; Verify and manage changes to the
project; Ensure project deliverables conform to quality standards and Monitor all risks.
* Closing the project which includes to obtain final acceptance for the project: Obtain financial, legal and
administrative closure; Release project resources; Identify, document, and communicate lessons learned;
Create and distribute final project report; Archive and retain project records and finally measure client’s
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUNDS & QUALIFICATIONS WITH DATES
* International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI)
(Institute of Management Consultants (IMC) Nigeria
Fellow Institute of Management Consultants (FIMC). 2021
Certified Management Consultant (CMC). 2021
Certified Management Specialist (CMS) with Distinction in Time Management 2021
(London Graduate School – Special Award for Excellent in Time Management)
* Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.
Master of Science (M.Sc with Research Thesis) Urban And Regional Planning. 2014 – 2016
(Weighted Average: 63B+)
* Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.
B.Sc (Hons) Urban & Regional Planning (Second Class Upper) (CGPA:4.18 / 5.00) 2005 2010
* Senior Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.E.)
MCHS Aaye-Ekiti, Ekiti State 1999
Ijo Mimo Oluwa High School, Akure, Ondo State 2000
EXTRA QUALIFICATIONS WITH DATES
* Dee-Jay Computer Institute, Akure, Ondo State.
Diploma in Computer Engineering & Networking (Upper Credit) 2002
Diploma in Computer Studies & Desktop Publishing (Distinction) 2001
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND CERTiFICATION WITH DATES
* Project Management Professional Training 2009 – 2021
* Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals (NISP)
HSE (Health Safety & Environment) Shell Petroleum Dev. Corp. Competent
Development Training Programme 2010
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS WITH DATES
* MCHS Senior Secondary School Scholarship Award 1998 1999
* Ekiti (New York, USA) Undergraduate Scholarship Award 2008
* Ekiti State Government Undergraduate Scholarship Award 2009 – 2010
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS WITH DATES
I Thesis / Dissertation
(a) Daramola, O.J. (2010): Housing Conditions and Environmental Quality of Slum Settlements in Ilaje-Ajah, Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria. B.Sc. Thesis submitted to the Department of Urban and Regional Planning, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile- Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.
(b) Daramola, O.J. (2016): Comparative Analysis of Housing Quality in Abeokuta and Osogbo, Nigeria. M.Sc. Thesis submitted to the Department of Urban and Regional Planning, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile- Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.
II Published Journal Articles
Oladehinde, G.J., Fatusi, A.F. and Daramola, O.J. (2017): Land Accessibility Among Rural Farmers in Border Settlements of Ogun State, Nigeria. Pyrex Journal of Geography and Regional Planning. Vol. 3 (1) pp 1-10.
Daramola, O.J., Adeleye, O.A., Agbabiaka, H.I. and Olowu, F.Y. (2018): The Influence of Socio-economic Variability on the Housing Quality Standard in Sub Sahara Africa. International Journal of Economic and Environmental Studies. Vol. 18(3) (47/ 2018), 1039 1040, September, 2018. ISSN Paper Version 1642 2597.
Daramola, O.J., Oladehinde, G.J. and Fagbohunka, A. (2018): Elders Perception of Rental Housing Quality while AgeinginPlace in Core Residential Areas of Abeokuta, Nigeria. International Journal of Sustainable Development Studies. Vol. 11 (2) pp 94 119. ISSN 2201 4268.
Olowu, F.Y., Jaiyeoba, E.B., Agbabiaka, H.I. and Daramola, O.J. (2019): Spatial Analysis of the Factors Influencing Housing Quality for Renters in a Traditional Nigerian City. International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis. Vol. 12 (2) pp 181 209, February, 2019.
Place of Birth: Lagos Mainland, Lagos State
Home Town: Ifaki – Ekiti
LCDA:. Isokan Local Council Development Area, Ifaki – Ekiti
Local Govt. Area:. Ido – Osi
Senatorial District: Ekiti North
State of Origin: Ekiti
Spoken Language: English, French & Yoruba Fluently.
* Available on request.
Watch the video here: