“No Casualties, No Cultural Items Lost” – Ooni Aide Confirms Palace Fire Incident

– Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi

Fire gutted an apartment inside the palace of the Oni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi late Friday night.

The cause of the fire was revealed to be triggered by power surge which exploded after power was restored on Friday night.

The Ooni’s Director of Media and Publicity, Moses Olafare who confirmed the fire incident in a statement on Saturday revealed that the inferno did not affect other apartment as it did not spread beyond the affected building.

– The affected apartment

Olafare, who revealed that no life was lost also added that no item of value was destroyed in the incident.

He also explained that the fire was swiftly put out by personnel of the fire service.

In his words, “A building apartment within the courtyard of the Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife was at about 11:30pm yesterday engulfed in flames of fire incident triggered by power surge which exploded through electrical appliances in the affected apartment.

“The inferno did not spread beyond the affected building located at a section of the palace premises as it was swiftly put off through the combined efforts of the Government Fire Service, OAU Fire Service & Palace Emergency Control Unit.

“No casualties. No injuries recorded. No cultural items lost. Thanks to the Almighty Olodumare.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *